Update 10/7/21: Just a small update – I noticed that I have two of the same AmEx Offer for cell phones; one of them ends on October 18th and one on December 25th. If you have both, you’ll probably get two $5 credits for a single $125 payment. Still not an amazing deal for someone with an INK card, but could start making sense, perhaps.
Check your AmEx Offers for one or both of the following offers:
- Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $125 in one or more transactions to pay your cell phone bill directly with a US wireless telephone service provider by 12/25/2021. Limit of 4 statement credits (total of $20).
- Others are seeing a lower $100 spend requirement for this.
- Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $100 on your cable/satellite TV bill. Limit of 4 statement credits (total of $20).
The Fine Print
- These offers expire either December 25th or 31st
- Cellular Offer Terms: Offer valid only for payments for wireless telephone service charges made directly with US wireless telephone service providers via online, mobile app, or by phone. Purchases made with third parties, authorized retailers or resellers are excluded. Excludes purchases for VoIP, hardware, equipment, and bundled home/cable services.
These are likely useless for someone who gets 5x Ultimate Rewards points on their cellular or cable bill with the old INK Plus/Cash card, but still might be worthwhile for some others.
Hat tip to r/churning
- AmEx Offers: An Introduction & Profitable Examples
- How To Sign Up For Multiple American Express Sync Offers
- Amex Offer Credit Not Posting, What to Do?
- How Does American Express Decide Who Receives What AmEx Sync Offer?
- Do I Need To Make A Single Purchase For AmEx Offers, Or Is It Cumulative?
- What Happens When You Have Two Active AmEx Offers For The Same Store?
- Amex Offers: Do Electronic Wallets Trigger the Offer Credit?
- Do Amex Offer Deals Work on the Purchase of Gift Cards?