Published on January 18th, 2020 | by William Charles10
[Expired] [Ballston, VA Branch] Northwest Federal Credit Union $300 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Ballston, VA Branch
- Direct deposit required: Yes, at least three direct deposits of $500+ each
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $520
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: February 15th, 2020
- Northwest Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account in branch at the new Ballston branch and complete the following requirements:
- Open your first Northwest Federal Checking account
- Sign up for eStatements
- Login to Online Banking
- Set up Direct Deposit with at least $500
- Use promo code B2020
The Fine Print
- Limited time offer available 1/15/2020 – 2/15/2020.
- To earn a $300 deposit into your checking account during the first 90 days after opening your first ever checking account with Northwest Federal you must: be 18 years of age or older, be in good standing, make a minimum of three direct deposits into the checking account with a minimum of $500 each deposit, sign up for e-Statements, and login to Online Banking at least once each month.
- Once all requirements are met and your checking account has been open for 90 days, you will receive your deposit within 45 days.
- Cannot be combined with other offers. Northwest Federal employees are not eligible to receive bonus. Use promo code B2020.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Choice checking has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no mention of an early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Saw this same bonus at all branches late last year. Pretty good bonus if you live near the Ballston branch I guess. I’ll add this to the best bank bonus page.
Hat tip to reader Jeff L
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times