Published on July 14th, 2018 | by William Charles50
[CA & AZ] Meriwest Credit Union $125 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $125
- Availability: Must live, work, worship or attend school in one of the following counties: CA: Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, San Francisco AZ: Pima
- Direct deposit required: Yes, recurring direct deposits of $500 for the first three months
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Mixed DP, make sure to opt out of overdraft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Meriwest Credit Union is offering a bonus of $125 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a minimum of three recurring direct deposits via ACH of at least $500 within the first 3 months of checking account opening
The Fine Print
- Promotional offer starts on June 4, 2018 and is subject to expire at any time.
- Must be over the age of 18, open a checking account and have a minimum of three (3) recurring direct deposits via ACH within the first 3-months of checking account opening ($500 minimum per deposit) to qualify.
- Account to account transfers do not qualify as direct deposit.
- Limit one (1) bonus deposit per membership. Consumer accounts only
- . One (1) $125 deposit will be made to the checking account when the qualifying criteria are met and will remain on hold for 6-months.
- Account must stay open for 6-months after the bonus is deposited; otherwise the $125 will be forfeited.
- Bonus is subject to tax reporting.
- The minimum deposit required to open a checking account is $20.
- All Meriwest consumer checking accounts qualify for this offer.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Your Choice checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close your account within 6 months of account opening the $125 bonus will be forfeited.
Need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull and if you can fund with a credit card. If anybody knows then please share it in the comments below, along with your experiences in opening the account. They also have a reversed savings account that might be worth considering.
Big thanks to reader, Hash K who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times