Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 2/12/22: Bonus increased to $300, requirements slightly different. Hat tip to reader Christian W
Update 7/13/19: Bonus has been increased from $125 to $150.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Must live, work, worship or attend school in one of the following counties: CA: Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, San Francisco AZ: Pima
- Direct deposit required: Yes, recurring direct deposits of $1,000
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Mixed DP, make sure to opt out of overdraft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Meriwest Credit Union is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new smart rewards checking account and complete the following requirements for the first three months:
- At least 10 posted and cleared debit card transactions per month OR at least $500.00 in total posted and cleared debit card transactions per month (PIN or signature-based, not including ATM transactions);
- Establish direct deposit ($1,000 total minimum per month);
- E-Documents enrollment (receive monthly e-statements and account notices electronically).
- Account also earns 2% APY on balances up to $15,000 when the above requirements are met
The Fine Print
- Promotional offer starts on January 27, 2022 and is subject to expire at any time.
- Limit one bonus payment per member.
- To qualify for the Bonus, you must be over the age of 18, open a new membership and Smart Rewards Checking Account and meet the requirements for receiving the account benefits in the first three months of opening the account.
- Bonus will be deposited into the checking account within 10 business days of criteria being met.
- To qualify for stated REWARDS in each current month, members must have met the following criteria in the immediate previous month: 1) At least 10 posted and cleared debit card transactions per month OR at least $500.00 in total posted and cleared debit card transactions per month (PIN or signature-based, not including ATM transactions); 2) Establish direct deposit ($1,000 total minimum per month); 3) E-Documents enrollment (receive monthly e-statements and account notices electronically). Dividends earned will be calculated and ATM Surcharge Rebates will be refunded based on prior month-end data.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Your Choice checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close your account within 6 months of account opening the $125 bonus will be forfeited.
Need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull and if you can fund with a credit card. If anybody knows then please share it in the comments below, along with your experiences in opening the account. They also have a reversed savings account that might be worth considering.
Big thanks to reader, Hash K who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times