Published on June 15th, 2017 | by William Charles4
[Expired] [CA only] SAFE Credit Union $100 In Branch Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
This is no longer being offered.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: In branch only. All branches seem to be in/around Sacramento. [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 30 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: Not listed
- SAFE Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new low cost perfect cents checking or SAFE prestige checking account when you complete the following requirements:
- Make 30 debit card transactions [Read: How To Meet Minimum Debit & Credit Transaction Requirements]
The Fine Print
- $100 is posted to SAFE savings account on the last day of the month following 90 days from account opening, upon confirmation of 30 debit card purchase transactions.
- $100 bonus is reported as dividends on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Account receiving bonus must be open and in good standing.
- Minimum opening deposit of $1 required.
Easiest account to keep fee free is the percent cents checking account. This has a $5 fee that is waived if you:
- Have eStatements &
- Do either 10 or more debit card purchase transactions per month or direct deposits totaling $500 or more per month
I wasn’t able to find any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Not worth considering due to the hard pull. You can find all the bonuses we do recommend here.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications