Published on August 15th, 2019 | by William Charles53
Chase $1,250 Bonus For Upgrading To Chase Private Client
Update 8/15/19: Deal has been extended until September 28th, 2019. Hat tip to MtM
Update 6/17/19: Deal has been extended until August 6th, 2019.
Update 4/24/19: Deal has been extended until June 15th, 2019.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $1,250
- Availability: Nationwide in branch
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit $250,000 and maintain for 90 days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: Cannot fund with debit or credit in branch.
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Bonus taken back if closed within six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
April 23rd, 2019 June 15th, 2019 August 6th, 2019September 28th, 2019
- Meet with a Private Client Banker by September 28th, 2019 to upgrade your Chase account to Chase Private Client and receive a bonus of $1,250 when you meet the following requirements:
- Within 45 days transfer a total of $250,000 or more in new money to a combination of eligible check, savings and/or eligible investment accounts
- Maintain that balance for at least 90 days
The Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing Chase Private Client customers.
- To receive the $1,250 bonus: 1) Meet with a Private Client Banker to upgrade your existing account to Chase Private Client CheckingSM account. 2) Within 45 calendar days, transfer a total of $250,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to an eligible checking, savings and/or J.P. Morgan investment accounts (opened in a Chase branch and serviced by a J.P. Morgan Private Client Advisor or Financial Advisor).
- Ineligible accounts: any You InvestSM accounts, Certificates of Deposit, insurance products; fixed and variable annuities; 529 College Savings Plans; any retirement accounts such as Traditional and Roth IRAs, Keogh, Simple IRAs, and 401(k) Plans.
- The qualifying new money or securities must be transferred from non-Chase or J.P. Morgan accounts and cannot be funds or securities held by Chase or its affiliates. AND 3) Maintain at least a $250,000 balance for at least 90 days from the date of funding (gains and losses to qualifying investment balances from trading or market fluctuation will not be counted for purposes of meeting the balance requirements).
- After you have completed all the above requirements, we will deposit the bonus in your existing Chase Private Client Checking account within 10 business days.
- The Annual Percentage Yield (APY), for Chase Private Client Checking effective as of 01/22/19 is 0.01% for all balances in all states. Interest rates are variable and subject to change. Additionally, fees may reduce earnings on the account.
- You can only participate in one Chase Private Client Checking, Sapphire Checking or You Invest new money bonus in a 12 month period.
- Coupon is good for one time use. Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
As far as I know there is no monthly fee, but if you don’t maintain the $250,000 balance requirement they might downgrade your account to something else
Early Account Termination Fee
Bonus taken back if closed within six months
You could sign up for a $600 checking/savings bonus and then wait six months and then do this $1,250 deal in branch. The fine print says you’re not eligible for this bonus if you’ve done any Sapphire Checking, Chase Private Client Checking or You Invest new money bonus in a 12 month period, rather than every two years on the regular Chase checking/savings bonus.
For most people this $1,250 Chase Private Client bonus isn’t worth considering because YouInvest balances do not qualify and Chase deposit accounts earn a very low APR and the other investment accounts have higher fees than other options. Because of that I wouldn’t recommend signing up for this deal.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times