Published on March 13th, 2017 | by Chuck101
[Expired] Chase Premier Checking $300 Bonus, Available Online
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Nationwide (can be opened online), not available in states with no Chase branches, e.g Maryland. Option to open online will only show on desktop, not on mobile.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum. Click here to view what triggers this bonus
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $500; most will code as cash advance
- Monthly fees: $25 (possible workaround)
- Early account termination fee: Bonus taken back if closed within six months
- Expiration date: April 16th, 2017
- Receive a bonus of $300 when you use a Chase checking coupon to open a new Chase Premier Plus checking account and set up a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening.
The Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- To receive the bonus: 1) Open a new Chase Premier Plus Checking account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit $25 or more at account opening; AND 3) Have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- After you have completed all the above requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- You can receive only one new checking account related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
$25 Monthly Fee
This account has a $25 monthly fee, it’s waived if you do either of the following:
- Keep an average daily balance of $15,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances.
- Have automatic payments to your qualifying linked Chase mortgage from your Chase account. Payments set up through Online Bill Pay do not qualify. Mortgages must be in good standing and be first mortgages with servicing retained by Chase
- Also fee free for active duty and veterans.
Early Account Termination Fee
You need to keep this account open for six months, otherwise you will forfeit the bonus.
Most people will be better off waiting for the $300 Total Checking bonus to come back (it’s been public a few times within the past year, and you can also purchase them from eBay). That bonus is easier to manage because the requirements to keep the account fee free are just $1,500 instead of $15,000.
A nice tip is that once you receive the bonus on the Premier Checking you can downgrade to Chase Total checking (can be done via secure message) and get the easier requirements to keep it fee-free. The first couple months of fees are usually waived, in any case, so you very well might end up remaining completely fee-free with this approach.
The advantage of this bonus is that it can be opened online; to some, that’s a huge advantage. That said, a lot of people will rather do the Total Checking offer in branch when it comes up, and then you can also do the $200 Savings offer which usually comes with it (Savings bonus isn’t ever available online, that I’m aware of). Also, if you go into a Chase branch they can check for your pre-approved credit card offers which can then bypass the Chase 5/24 rule.
When you click through the Direct Link above, it’ll auto-populate with a promo code which attaches the $300 bonus offer. It’s likely that you can save this promo code and use it until April 16, even if the application link is no longer working.
We will add this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to Fatwallet
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank