Published on February 27th, 2020 | by Chuck55
Chase Premier Checking $300 Bonus; Chase Savings $225 Bonus
Update 3/1/20: The $600 checking/savings deal is back, that’s a better deal than this one.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $525 ($300 checking + $225 savings)
- Availability: Nationwide, though the online link won’t work unless you have a branch in your state. (Checking offer available online; savings offer only available in-branch.)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum. Click here to view what triggers this bonus.
- Additional requirements: None for checking; $15,000 balance for savings
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 with a debit card online (prepaids do not work). Cannot fund with debit or credit in branch.
- Monthly fees: Checking: $25, waivable; Savings – $5, waivable.
- Early account termination fee: Bonus taken back if closed within six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: Checking – April 20, 2020; Savings – March 6, 2020
Chase is offering a checking account bonus and a savings account bonus.
- Receive a bonus of $300 when you open a Chase Premier Plus checking account and have a direct deposit post to the account within 90 days.
- Receive a bonus of $225 when you open a Chase savings account and deposit $15,000 or more in new money within 20 business days and maintain a balance of $15,000 for 90 days.
The checking bonus is valid through April 20, 2020 and can be opened online. The savings bonus is valid through March 6, 2020 and needs to be opened in-branch.
The Fine Print
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers.
- Both offers are not available to those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- To receive the $300 checking bonus: 1) Open a new Chase Premier Plus Checking account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit $25 or more at account opening; AND 3) Have your direct deposit made to this account within 90 days of account opening.
- Direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- To receive the $200 savings bonus: 1) Open a new Chase SavingsSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit a total of $15,000 or more in new money into the new savings account within 20 business days of account opening; AND 3) Maintain at least a $15,000 balance for 90 days from the date of deposit. The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates. After you have completed all the above savings requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- After you have completed all requirements, we will deposit the remaining bonus due in your new checking account within 10 business days.
- You can receive only one new checking and one new savings account opening related bonus every two years from the last enrollment date and only one bonus per account.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
The Chase Savings Account comes with a monthly service fee of $5. Monthly fee is waived with any ONE of the following:
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer from your Chase checking account of $25 or more; one time transfers do not qualify
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account
The Chase Premier Plus Checking account comes with a monthly service fee of $25 which is waived if complete any ONE of the following:
- An average beginning day balance of $15,000 or more in any combination of this account and linked qualifying Chase checking, savings, and other balance.
- Have a linked qualifying Chase first mortgage enrolled in automatic payments from your Chase account.
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close either account within 6 months of account opening, you will forfeit the bonus.
Best bonus on the savings account is usually $200 and checking is usually $300, but we have seen checking/savings combo deals which throw in an extra $100 for doing both, so might be worth waiting for that. There was even a $900 combo deal, but that has expired.
The checking and savings deals have separate landing pages now, so you’ll have to open the accounts separately. Worth noting that there’s often the same $300 offer for Chase Total Checking which is easier to keep fee-free, so might be worth waiting for that. Still, we’ll add this to the best checking & savings bonus page. If anyone finds a Total offer or a combo offer, please let us know.
Big thanks to the reader who let us know about this (can’t remember who it was). Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times