Published on January 14th, 2020 | by Chuck2,902
[Expired] Check if You’re Targeted: Chase *$900* Checking + Savings Bonus
Please everyone stop putting email requests in the comments unless/until we find it live again and have someone who can refer.
Update 1/14/20: If you already have a $900 promo code, you can still use it through 1/17/20. The link in the email may or may not work. If it does not, you can try going to chase.com/StartNow and input the promo code there (ht Thelement). Again, no new promo codes can be generated, so please do not ask for a promo code in the comments.
Update 1/13/20: Offer seems to have expired. The offer used to show an expiration date of 1/17/20; it’s possible if already have the coupon you’ll still be able to use it, though there are some reports of difficulties. (There is a report of success in a branch, so you can try that.) At the very least it appears to be no longer possible to generate new codes, according to reader DT. Huge, huge thanks to reader DT who sent out hundreds of these codes (maybe thousands?) to everyone in the comments who requested!! DT has my vote for 2019-2020 season DoC MVP award. 🙂
Update 11/13/19: This comment might be of interest for people that aren’t targeted. Probably some level of risk involved, but Chase isn’t like American Express so should be fine.
No direct link, check your Chase login to see if you are targeted
- Chase is offering a checking & savings bonus worth up to $900. Bonus is as follows:
- Receive a bonus of $300 when you open a Chase Total checking account and have a direct deposit post to the account within 90 days.
- Receive a bonus of $200 when you open a Chase savings account and deposit $15,000 or more in new money within 20 business days and maintain a balance of $15,000 for 90 days.
- Receive an extra $400 bonus when you complete both of the above bonuses.
The Fine Print
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers.
- Both offers are not available to those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- To receive the $300 checking bonus: Open a new Chase Total Checking account, which is subject to approval; and have your direct deposit made to this account within 90 days of account opening.
- Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After you have completed all the above checking requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- To receive the $200 savings bonus: 1) Open a new Chase Savings account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit a total of $15,000 or more in new money into the new savings account within 20 business days of account opening; AND 3) Maintain at least a $15,000 balance for 90 days from the date of deposit. The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates. After you have completed all the above savings requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- To receive the extra $400 bonus: You must complete all requirements above for BOTH the checking bonus and savings bonus.
- After you have completed all requirements, we will deposit the remaining bonus due in your new checking account within 10 business days.
- You can receive only one new checking and one new savings account opening related bonus every two years from the last enrollment date and only one bonus per account. Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Chase Savings Account comes with a monthly service fee of $5. Monthly fee is waived with any ONE of the following:
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer from your Chase checking account of $25 or more; one time transfers do not qualify
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account
The Chase Total Checking account comes with a monthly service fee of $10-$12 which is waived if complete any of the following:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in the checking account
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close either account within 6 months of account opening, you will forfeit the bonus.
Standard offer adds just $100 when you do both for a total $600 bonus while this offer adds $400 when you do both for a total $900 bonus. Obviously an incredibly good offer. We don’t have the details of the fine print, but presumably it’s the same as the $600 offer, so I pasted those details above.
You need a unique targeted promo code which would be found in your Chase credit card on the website or app. (I believe it’s found with the Just For You offers which is under the ‘Check your offers’ tab found at the bottom-left of the home page of the website, but I’m not entirely sure.) While it’s certainly targeted, many r/churning members are reporting finding this offer, so there’s a shot you’ll find it there as well.
Update: it seems anyone targeted can get a unique offer code sent to unlimited number of email addresses, so if you were targeted you should be able to spread the wealth to all of your friends by entering their email address into the offer and getting a unique offer code sent their way.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times