Published on September 23rd, 2018 | by William Charles5
[Expired] [CT & Select Counties In NY only] Newtown Savings Bank (NSB) $150 Checking Bonus
This offer has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Accounts are available to residents of the State of Connecticut and residents of Putnam and Westchester county New York only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum mentioned
- Additional requirements: Use promo code choice
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, inquiry sensitive
- Credit card funding:
Up to $1,000$25
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
September 29th, 2018November 30th, 2018
- Newtown Savings Bank is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a free checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use the promo code CHOICE
- Receive a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening , no minimum mentioned
The Fine Print
- Offer is available for Free Checking Accounts opened by September 29, 2018.
- Offer amount will be deposited into the respective checking account 60 days after account opening as long as the direct deposit has been made.
- Maximum $150 per household.
- Personal checking accounts have a minimum deposit of $25 to open.
- Other fees may apply such as paper statement and inactivity fees.
- To be eligible for this offer, all account holders must be new checking account customers.
- If your checking account is closed within 90 days of opening, the bonus amount will be deducted at closing.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The free checking account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for 90 days, otherwise the bonus will be deducted at time of closing
Previous bonuses have been for $100 with $150 available in branch only. Looks like this one can be opened online.
The $1,000 in credit card funding makes this offer attractive as well (update: unfortunately limit is now only $25). Definitely worth considering if not doing if you’re eligible. I will be adding this to the list of the best checking account bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Brenden F who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times