Published on September 13th, 2017 | by William Charles66
Discover AAII $150/$200 Savings Account Bonus with $15,000/$20,000 Deposit
Few things to note about this offer, it seems like the promo code
isn’t currently working (promo code now working) and in addition it has the same fine print as the normal Discover savings bonus so I don’t think you’d be eligible if you’ve already done that bonus. That isn’t the case with the AAA offer.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit $15,000 for $150 bonus or deposit $20,000 for $200 bonus
- APY: 1.15%
- Initial Deposit: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Checking does have Chex inquiry
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None mentioned
- Expiration date: Open account by October 31st, 2017. Must deposit funds by November 15th, 2017
- Insured: FDIC
- Apply for your first AAII Savings Account from Discover Bank by 10/31/17. Enter offer code AAIIBONUS when applying. Deposit a total of at least $15,000 into your account by 11/15/17 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $20,000 into your account by 11/15/17 to earn a $200 Bonus.
The Fine Print
- To get your $150 or $200 Bonus offer: What to do: Apply for your first AAII Savings Account from Discover Bank (OSA) by 10/31/17. Enter invitation Code: AAIIBONUS when applying. Deposit a total interest of at least $15,000 into your account by 11/15/17 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $20,000 into your account by 11/15/17 to earn a $200 Bonus.
- Maximum eligibility is $200 per account.
- What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers.
- Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account by 11/30/17.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Offer may be modified/withdrawn without notice.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There are no fees to with this account.
Discover does not have any minimum balance requirement, and you can withdraw all the funds after opening the account and fulfilling the $15,000/$20,000 deposit requirement. You do obviously need to keep the account open until the bonus posts.
As mentioned at the top it seems the promo code isn’t working. In addition the fine print states: “Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers”, this means you’re likely not eligible if you’ve had/have the regular Discover savings account. This is different from the AAA offer that states: Offer not valid for existing or prior AAA savings customers. I guess some brave soul might try it and report back, but it doesn’t look good. Because of that I won’t be adding it to our list of the best savings accounts.
Big thanks to readers, Rene & Yet Another Redditor who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications