Published on September 30th, 2018 | by William Charles14
[Expired] [FL only] First Home Bank $250 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired and is no longer available, click here for the best current checking bonuses.
Reposting as deal is back for 2018. Hat tip to reader Geo.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Must open in branch, all locations in Florida [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Keep account open until bonus posts
- Hard/soft pull:Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding:Up to $1,500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: October 20th, 2018
No direct link to offer, but being advertised in branch (see flyer below)
- Open a new checking account with First Home Bank and receive a bonus of $250 when you complete the following requirements:
- Establish direct deposit of your salary, pension, SSI or other regular monthly income
- Keep account open until bonus posts (within 30 days of your first direct deposit)
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the $250 bonus, you must be a new First Home Bank checking customer and qualified to open a checking account in accordance with our normal standards.
- You must establish direct deposit of your salary, pension, SSI or other regular monthly income, electronically deposited to your new account.
- Your account must remain open in order to receive the $250 bonus, which you will receive within 30 days of the date your first direct deposit is received. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers or coupons and may be changed at any time.
- All other account terms pertaining to the particular checking account you choose will apply, including the minimum balance to open an account, which is $100.
- This offer applies to personal accounts only.
- The $250 bonus will be reported to the IRS in accordance with applicable law.
The easiest account to keep fee free seems to be the Simply Free Checking account, this has no monthly fees or minimums to worry about. According to bankers asked in branch there is no early account termination fee.
They have previously offered a bonus of $160, the advantage of that bonus was that no direct deposit was required. This is an extra $90, so definitely worth doing if you can easily change your payroll or they aren’t strict on what does/doesn’t count. Also remember when opening in branch they have a $350 business checking bonus that you should be able to do at the same time if eligible. I’ll be adding this to our best bonus page.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications