Published on April 18th, 2018 | by Chuck84
[Expired] Fuel Rewards Network: Earn 15¢/Gallon with Grocery Store Purchases
Update 04/18/18: Ok it’s back for real this time. Thanks to reader George
Update: I’m not very smart, I thought the offer was back but only the initial linking offer is.
Update 04/04/18: This has been extended again until June 20th, 2018.
Update 01/09/18: This has been extended until March 31st, 2018.
Fuel Rewards network is Shell’s loyalty program (one of many gas programs). You can earn fuel rewards by using their shopping portal, purchasing select items at Shell stations, and by dining with their card-link program.
They’ve now added another way to earn which clearly outshines the other methods: grocery shopping.
- Earn 15¢/gallon off your Shell gas fillup with each $100 in grocery store spend at participating stores
Giant Foods and Stop&Shop are FRN partners and are eligible for this 15¢ promo. There seem to be many other groceries affiliated with FRN as well – check the Location Search here (select Shop).
The Fine Print
- Must pay for the groceries with a linked Mastercard; be sure to link the Mastercard before using it at the grocery store
- Expires June 30th, 2018
- Rewards will be added to your account in 5-7 business days
- Available in select markets only
FRN used to be pretty much useless for me since there wasn’t any easy way to earn and rewards aren’t too useful for me being that Shell is more expensive. Both of those have now changed:
- Giant/Stop&Shop rewards now combine with FRN rewards, so whenever you’re doing a Giant/SS/Martin’s gas points deal, you can get additional discounts on the gas with your FRN rewards.
- This grocery offer makes it easier to earn rewards. Even without any earnings, you’ll get 3-5¢ off per gallon just for being a member.
The only bummer for me is that I’d typically use my Amex Blue Cash card at the grocery store, and this promo is only for Mastercards. Best cards for groceries can be found here.
If you’re new to Fuel Rewards Network, here’s my referral link. On a related note, SD reports you can get 25¢/gallon by linking your Giant/SS with FRN if you haven’t done so already. Personally, I couldn’t get it to work.
Right now there’s a quadruple stack at Giant/SS: link FRN with Giant/SS and get 25¢, get 15¢ per $100 with Mastercard, double fuel points on VGC at Giant/SS, 10x points with a Sears Mastercard at the grocery.
Hat tip to reader Steve