Published on July 3rd, 2017 | by William Charles94
[Expired] [GA only] Signature Bank of Georgia $300 Personal Checking Account Bonus
This offer has now expired and is no longer available. Click here to view the best current checking bonuses.
They have updated the terms and now it’s only available for Metro Atlanta Resident as defined by the 29 County Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) and one bonus per household. This was added on/around July 6th.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Georgia. Metro Atlanta Resident as defined by the 29 County Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA)
Supposed to be for Sandy Springs residents only, greater Atlanta area should be fine as well. Said they would pull promo early if too many applicants.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,000+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Yes, Visa/Mastercard/Discover, Up to $1,500. Read this comment on how to do credit card funding.
- Monthly fees: Unknown
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit six months
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive a $300 bonus when you open a new Signature Personal Checking checking account with Signature Bank of Georgia and complete the following requirements:
- Receive $100 for keeping the account open for 30 days
- Receive 200 for having a recurring direct deposit of $1,000+ that posts and settles once a month and complete 10 debit card transactions within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Must be a Metro Atlanta Resident as defined by the 29 County Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA):
- Bonus awarded for this offer is not available to existing checking clients and is not available to those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Type of account opened is the Signature Personal Checking and a $100 minimum deposit is required. Bonuses will be awarded within 30 days after the stipulations are met. $100 Bonus: 1) Open a Signature Personal Checking account, which is subject to approval; 2) Account must be open for 30 Days and debit card must be used once. $200 Bonus: 1) Within 90 day period, have a recurring direct deposit post and settle monthly totaling a minimum of $1,000 in deposits and conduct a minimum of 10 debit card transactions. Direct Deposit must be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. 2) Maintain your account satisfactorily with no overdrafts for 90 days. Bonus offer allowance is one per household once in a calendar year. Household as defined by common address.
- Bonuses are considered interest and may be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Account Closing: If the checking account is closed within six months after opening, the bonus amount will be deducted from the balance at account closing. Check order includes one box ordered at account opening of Style Code W-IP or WDIP. The Bank reserves the right to discontinue or change this bonus offer at any time.
I don’t see the personal signature checking account, so no idea what the monthly fee for this account is. You do need to keep the account open for six months to keep this bonus.
$300 is a nice large bonus that we like to see. Easily one of the best checking bonuses currently available. Would be nice to know how much can be funded with a credit card as well.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications