Published on August 12th, 2017 | by William Charles2
[IA only] Community Bank & Trust $100 Referral Bonus For Both Parties
Reposting as deal is back for 2017.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 for both parties
- Availability: Seems to be in branch only. All branches are in IA [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: No, automatic transfer required
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: August 31st, 2017
- Community Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you refer a friend and they open any new checking account and an automatic transfer occurs. The person being referred will also receive a $100 bonus.
The Fine Print
- $100 gift will be credited to the new customer’s active checking account after an automatic transfer occurs.
- The current customer will receive a $100 credit into their CB&T checking or savings account only after the new customer has met this requirement.
- Gift for new customers will be reported as interest income to the IRS on 1099-INT and as miscellaneous income to the IRS on a 1099-MISC for current customers.
- Offer expires 8/31/17.
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees. I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee as I was unable to find the fee schedule.
If you have an account, feel free to share your referral information in the comments. Please also share if opening an account is a soft/hard pull or not as well. For now I won’t be adding it to the best checking bonus page as we don’t have anybody who can provide referrals and we don’t know if it’s a soft or hard pull.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications