Deal has expired, but there is now a new $200 bonus.
Update 3/2/19: Deal has been increased to $150.
Update 2/16/19: Deal is back, now requires two direct deposits totaling $500. Previously it was a single direct deposit with no minimum. Hat tip to reader Adam L
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $125
- Availability: Must be a resident of Illinois
- Direct deposit required: Two or more recurring direct deposits totaling at least $500 must be received within 90 days of account openingo minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Enroll for debit card and online banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $3.95, waivable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 90 days
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- Old Second Bank is offering a $150 checking bonus, broken down as follows:
- $100 for enrolling for an 02 debit card and 02 online banking at new checking account opening (must be continually enrolled in both for 30 days)
- $50 for receiving a two or more recurring direct deposits totaling at least $500 must be received within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Up to $125 cash bonus offer is open only to new personal checking account relationships with Old Second that are opened with money not currently on deposit at any Old Second Bank.
- To receive $75 cash bonus, customer must enroll for an O2 Debit Card and O2 Online Banking at new checking account opening and must be continually enrolled in both services for 30 days.
- $75 cash bonus will be credited to account within 3-5 weeks thereafter.
- To receive $50 cash bonus, two or more recurring direct deposits totaling at least $500 must be received in the account within 90 days of initial account opening.
- $50 cash bonus will be deposited within 1-2 weeks of receiving second direct deposit into the account.
- Cash bonus may be subject to 1099 reporting.
- Offer may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- Only one cash bonus offer per household.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Money connection account has a $3.95 fee if you opt for paper statements, this is waived with paperless statements enabled. According to this comment there is an early account termination fee of $25 if closed within 90 days.
Not a huge bonus and it does require a direct deposit. Still worth doing for some people. You can view all the checking bonuses we do recommend here.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications