Published on October 7th, 2019 | by William Charles74
[Expired] [NJ & PA only] Provident Bank $250 Checking Bonus (10/7-10/12)
Deal has now ended, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: NJ & PA, in branch [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, ACH debit also accepted
- Additional requirements: Deposit $50 at account opening
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,500. Visa or Mastercard only. Likely cash advance in branch/not possible to fund with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15, six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: October 12th, 2019
- Provident Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new free $mart checking account in person and complete the following requirements:
- Deposit $50 or more at account opening
- Have your direct deposit or one ACH automatic debit made to your account within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Open a new Provident FREE $mart Checking account in person at any Provident branch; deposit $50 or more at account opening; have your direct deposit or one ACH automatic debit made to this account within 60 days of account opening.
- After you have completed all the above requirements, including keeping your account in good standing and not overdrawing your account, we’ll deposit the cash bonus in your new account within 75 days of the last day of the promotion, which is Saturday October 12th.
- Please note Teacher’s Village (Newark) and Metropark (Iselin) are closed on Saturday, October 12, 2019.
- Current personal checking customers are not eligible for this offer.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to this comment there is an early account termination fee of $15 if closed within 6 months.
Biggest bonus we’ve seen previously was $200 and that was targeted. This is an extra $50 and publicly accessible. It’s a nice offer as well as you don’t need a direct deposit, an automated debit will work as well as per the terms. I’ll repost this offer and add it to the best checking promotions page once the offer goes live on October 7th.
Hat tip to reader YS
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times