Published on March 25th, 2020 | by William Charles86
[AZ, MO, NM, KS & CO and TX, In Branch only] Sunflower Bank $200 Checking Bonus
Update 3/25/20: Deal is back and valid until March 31st, 2020.
Update 10/24/19: Deal is back and valid until December 31st, 2019. Hat tip to youngestofallthebuck.
Update 4/16/19: The below new deal is not location restricted. So should work in any state Sunflower has a branch including: AZ, MO, NM, KS & CO and TX. Hat tip to reader NA.
Update 4/5/19: Deal is back and valid until July 31st, 2019. Deal now requires 20 debit card transactions and eStatements as well as direct deposits now. Hat tip to reader Tim
Update 10/07/18: Bonus is back and valid until December 31st, 2018
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Valid at the following locations:Seeupdate
Kansas: Colby, Dodge City, Ellinwood, Great Bend, Hays, Junction City, Lawrence, Leawood, Liberal, Manhattan, McPherson, Osborne, Overland Park, Russell, Salina, Topeka, Victoria, Wichita Colorado: Boulder, Denver, Golden, Greenwood Village, Longmont,
- Direct deposit required: ACH credits totaling $500 or more
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull:Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None with eStatements
- Early account termination fee: $30, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2018 December 31st, 2018 June 31st, 2019December 31st, 2019
- Sunflower Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new Convenience checking account and complete the following requirements by 7/31/19:
- Have one or more ACH credits totaling $500
- Enroll in eStatements
- Complete 20 debit card transactions
The Fine Print
- Offer valid 1/2/20-3/31/20 and may be canceled without notice.
- $100 minimum balance required to open.
- Offer only available to customers opening their first personal checking account with us at any Sunflower Bank or First National 1870 location.
- Customer will receive a $200 bonus when they open a new personal checking account (Convenience, Spend & Sign & Save, Elite, Superb, Premier), complete 20 or more debit card purchases (pinned, signed, or credit), and have ACH credits, ACH debits, or a combination of both (e.g., Direct Deposit/Electronic Payments) totaling $500 or more that all post to the new account on or before 4/30/20.
- The account must be open as of 5/7/20 and have a positive balance at least one day between 4/1/20-4/30/20 to be eligible for the bonus payment.
- Customer will receive a 1099 INT for bonus payment.
- Qualifying bonus payment will be paid into new checking account by end of business day on 5/8/20.
- Not valid with any other offer.
- First National 1870, a division of Sunflower Bank, N.A.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees as long as you enroll in eStatements
Early Account Termination Fee
Looks like any ACH credit will work rather than it having to be payroll or government benefits. Considering it’s a soft pull, if you live in the area this is well worth doing as it’s easy to meet bonus requirements and keep the account fee free. As always please share your experiences & data points in the comments below. I’ll be adding this to the best bank bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Joshua who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times