Published on February 22nd, 2020 | by William Charles29
[KS, MO] Mazuma Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
Update 2/21/20: Deal is back and valid 2/1/20 – 4/30/20. Hat tip to reader Curmudgeon
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live or work in Jackson, Clay or Cass counties in Missouri or live or work in Johnson or Wyandotte counties in Kansas
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $5,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2019April 30, 2020
- Mazuma Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Make 20 point of sale transactions within 60 days of account opening
- Be enrolled in eStatements
- Have a monthly direct deposit within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for accounts opened between July 1st, 2019 and September 30th, 2019.
- Limit one account per person.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Valid for new Members and current Members without a checking account.
- Requires new checking relationship with the Credit Union (those with existing checking accounts do not qualify).
- $200 Bonus – Checking Account Bonus Requirements: The Member must open the checking account by September 30th, 2019.
- Within 60 days from account opening the Member must make 20 point of sale transactions,
- Membership account number tied to the checking account must be enrolled in e-Statements, and have a monthly direct deposit posted to one deposit-suffix.
- $200 will be deposited into the checking account within 30 days of meeting the qualifications.
- Membership eligibility required. Business, IRA, Minor, Trust, Custodial, and Representative Payee accounts are not eligible for this promotion.
- All bonus payments will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service as interest income in the year they are paid. All checking Truth-in-Savings disclosures still apply. Federally insured by NCUA.
The classic checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is no early account termination fee.
Last year they offered a bonus of $123 but with the same requirements. This $200 bonus is obviously better. I will be adding this to the best checking bonuses list as the requirements are fairly easy to meet and you can fund a nice amount with a credit card as well.
Hat tip to reader Brulagazer
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times