Published on July 22nd, 2018 | by William Charles0
[Expired] [KS & MO only] Mainstreet Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, best current bonuses can be found here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Must live or work in the greater Kansas City Metro area (following counties in Kansas & Missouri: Bates, Caldwell, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Douglas, Franklin, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Leavenworth, Linn, Miami, Platte, Ray, Wyandotte)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+. Must be recurring
- Additional requirements: eStatements + 10 debit card transacitons
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $505 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: August 31st, 2018
- Mainstreet Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account when you complete the following requirements within the first 90 days of account opening:
- Receive a recurring direct deposit of at least $200 that posts to the account each month
- Be enrolled in eStatements
- Make at least 10 debit card transactions
The Fine Print
- Limited time offer.
- To receive the $150, you must open a new Mainstreet Credit Union checking account.
- Minimum deposit may be required.
- Existing checking accounts do not qualify for this offer, and members are limited to one new checking account per membership.
- The $150 incentive will be deposited into your share savings account as an extraordinary dividend for tax purposes after 90 days, provided your account is in good standing.
- To receive the $150, you must also have a recurring direct deposit of at least $200 posted to the account each month (such as a paycheck, pension payment, Social Security payment, or any other government payment), participate in eStatements, and complete 10 debit card transactions within the first 90 days of account opening.
- Debit transactions exclude credits/refunds and ATM transactions.
- Offer valid on new checking accounts opened through August 31, 2018.
- For the purpose of this promotion, a “month” is defined as 30 days and a “new checking account” is one that is opened under a membership number that has had no prior Mainstreet checking relationship.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
This account has no early account termination fee to worry about
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times