Published on June 1st, 2019 | by William Charles2
[Expired] [KY, Students only] Forcht Bank $100 Student Checking Account (Must Be 13-24 Years Old)
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must be a student aged 13-24. I think it’s also KY only
- Direct deposit required: No direct deposit required
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Initial online sign up page does mention credit card/debit card funding. Specifics unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: August 31st, 2019
- Forcht Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open an iSTUDENT checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Complete 10 debit card transactions within 60 days
- Enroll in online banking within 60 days
The Fine Print
- Offer is not available to existing Forcht Bank checking customers or customers whose accounts have been closed within the last 12 months. Forcht Bank employees and their immediate family are not eligible for this promotion.
- Promotional period begins on 4/15/19 and ends on 8/31/19.
- To receive $100 bonus: (1) Open a Forcht Bank iStudent checking account, subject to approval; (2) Deposit $50 or more at account opening; (3) All account holders must enroll in online banking; and (4) Complete at least 10 debit card transactions.
- All requirements must be met within 60 days of account opening. If all requirements have been met, the bonus will be deposited into your account 65 days after account opening.
- No minimum balance is required to earn the bonus.
- The bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- If checking account is closed within 180 days after account opening, an early account closure fee will apply.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
Bonus is forfeit if closed within 180 days of account opening
We have seen a bonus of up to $300 from Forcht Bank before, so this $100 bonus is not nearly as attractive. That bonus was only available at one branch though so if you’re a student it might make sense to do this deal.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times