Published on July 6th, 2019 | by William Charles29
[LA, MS, FL, AL, TX] Hancock Whitney $100 Savings Bonus
Update: Valid until 9/30/19
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: LA, MS, FL, AL, & TX only
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Early account termination fee: $20, 180 days
- Household limit: One (this is enforced)
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
March 31st, 2019 June 30th, 2019September 30th, 2019
- Open a new Silver Savings account with Hancock Whitney Bank and receive a bonus of up to $100.
- Open a Silver Savings account with a total deposit of $500 or more in new money by 3/31/19
- Ensure you have an average daily balance of at least $500 on 6/30/19, to receive either a $25, $50 or $100 Visa® Gift Card.
- Bonus depends on your deposit:
- $25 gift card with a $500 minimum balance
- $50 gift card with a $1,000 minimum balance
- $100 gift card with a $2,000 minimum balance
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Savings account has a $3 monthly fee that is waived with an average daily balance of $200.
Early Account Termination Fee $20
This account has an early account termination fee of $20 if the account is closed within 180 days of account opening.
This is much better than the $100 savings bonus usually available when you open a checking account and even better than the last dedicated savings bonus they offered as well. If you live near a branch I think this is worth doing and will add it to our list of the best savings account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times