Published on April 7th, 2019 | by William Charles82
[Expired] [MA & CT only] PeoplesBank (Bankatpeoples) $400 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $400
- Availability: Offer available only to residents of Hampden/Hampshire/Franklin counties in Massachusetts and Hartford county in Connecticut
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: $500 per application
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, $15
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- PeoplesBank is offering a checking bonus of $400 when you open a new PeoplesBank checking account using promo code GET400 and complete the following requirements:
- $50 when you open any new consumer checking account
- $150 bonus when you complete 15 point of sale debit card transactions within 45 days of account opening
- $200 bonus if you have deposits totaling $2,000 or more within 45 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Minimum opening deposit of $10 required. $50 when you open any new consumer checking account.
- $150 when 15 point of sale, (POS) debit card transactions settle, (settlement is the actual withdrawal of funds from your checking account), within 45 days of account opening,
- $200 if you have deposits totaling $2,000 or more within 45 days after account opening.
- Customers who have had an open PeoplesBank checking account within 12 months of new account opening are not eligible for payment. PeoplesBank employees are not eligible.
- Personal accounts only.
- Limit of one promotional account per household.
- Cannot be combined with any other offers
- Offer available only to residents of Hampden/Hampshire/Franklin counties in Massachusetts and Hartford county in Connecticut.
- Offer subject to change without notice.
- Payments for POS debit card transactions and $2,000 in deposits will be processed within 6 weeks of fulfilling each requirement.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The free checking account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
According to comments on previous bonuses there is an early account termination fee of $15 if the account is closed within 90 days.
For some reason there are a lot of PeoplesBank, so we refer to this as Bankatpeoples as that is the website URL. This is a huge bonus with no direct deposit or monthly fees. Previous best bonus was $300 and that required a direct deposit. Last time that bonus ended extremely quickly, I imagine a similar thing will happen with this bonus so if you’re interested my recommendation would be to sign up immediately. This will be added to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Mark A
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times