Published on October 7th, 2018 | by William Charles8
[MD, In Branch] LM Federal Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
Bonus now good through December 31st, 2018. Hat tip to reader Matt
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: MD, in branch only [Branch locator]. Only one branch and it’s in Baltimore.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Five debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: Unknown
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
March 31st, 2018 April 30th, 2018 June 30th, 2018 December 31st, 2018March 31st, 2019
- LM Federal Credit Union is offering a $100 bonus when you open a new checking account when you complete the following requirements:
- Receive a qualifying direct deposit of $500 per month
- Make five visa check card purchases within 45 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Direct Deposit is defined as an ACH deposit from the member’s employer of at least $500 per month (or equivalent).
- Incentive will be deposited once the first direct deposit is posted and confirmed.
- A minimum of five (5) VISA check card purchases (credit or debt) must be posted within 45-days of the account opening.
- Checking and Visa Check Cards are subject to approval.
- Cash reward will be subtracted from the account if it is closed within 90 days of opening.
- Promotion Expires 3/31/2018.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There are no monthly fees to worry about. I also couldn’t find any mention of any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
If it’s a soft pull to open and you live near a branch this might be worth it, but seems like a lot of requirements for a relatively small bonus. Definitely check out and complete these easier bonuses first. As always please share any datapoints you have in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times