Update 7/4/22: Extended until August 31, 2022.
Update 5/12/22: Extended until June 30, 2022.
Update 4/2/22: Extended until April 30, 2022.
Update 1/5/22: Extended through February 28, 2022.
Update 11/8/21/: Extended through 12/31/21.
Update 9/6/21: Extended until October 31, 2021.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: ME, VT & NH
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None/avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $10 if closed within one year
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
February 28th, 2019 June 30th, 2020 August 31st, 2020 February 28, 2021 April 30, 2021June 30, 2021
- Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is offering a $100 bonus when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code Bonus521 to open an E-Choice or Simply checking account
- Receive a direct deposit of at least $250 by December 31, 2021
The Fine Print
- Offer cannot be transferred.
- Only one offer per household.
- In order to be eligible to receive $100 you must present the original coupon or mailer you received at account opening, no photocopies are allowed.
- Open a new E-Choice Checking or Simple Checking account by 2/28/19 ($25 minimum opening deposit for either account) or another Bar Harbor Bank & Trust consumer checking account and have at least one direct deposit of $250 or more deposited into the account before 4/30/19 to receive the bonus.
- Eligible direct deposits include deposits made by your employer, corporations, federal/state government agencies, or a retirement benefits administrator. It does not include deposits that are made to your account by an individual using online banking or an internet payment provider such as PayPal. Deposits made with a teller or ATM are not considered direct deposit.
- Bonuses will be credited to eligible accounts on or about 5/15/19, accounts need to be open and in good standing on that date in order to receive the bonus.
- The bonus is considered interest and will be reported to the IRS on form 1099-INT.
- Offer is not available to current or former Bar Harbor Bank & Trust checking customers who have had a Bar Harbor Bank & Trust Checking account between 1/1/18 and 12/31/18.
Simply Checking has no monthly fee to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is a $10 fee if closed within one year according to the fee schedule.
Not the strongest offer given it’s only for $100 and must be opened in branch, still might be worth doing for some people. Will add it to our list of the best bank bonuses due to the fact it’s a soft pull to open.
Big thanks to reader, Jonathan H who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
- Update 3/19/2021: Extended until April 30, 2021
- Update 1/2/2021: Extended until February 28, 2021
- Update 11/3/20: Extended until December 31, 2020
- Update 5/25/20: Deal is back and valid until June 30th, 2020 and can also be opened online now
- Update 1/31/20: Deal is back and valid until February 29, 2020. Hat tip to Michael S