Published on April 6th, 2019 | by William Charles12
[MI only] OUR Credit Union $300 Checking Bonus
Deal looks to be only available on the premium account now
Update 4/6/19: Bonus has been increased to $300 this year. Keep in mind it’s a hard pull, but might be worth considering for some people. Hat tip to Big Habitat.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live or work in Michigan[Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
July 31st, 2018July 31st, 2019
- OUR Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code MATCH or mention Facebook Ad in branch
- Bonus is a match up to $300 (e.g you need to deposit $300 to get the full bonus)
- Set up direct deposit ($500 or more)
- Set up eStatements
The Fine Print
- Matching deposit up to $300 for new Checking Accounts.
- Account requirements: Debit Card (at least one transaction per month over first 60 days), eStatements and Direct Deposit totaling $500 or more.
- This offer does not apply if you have an existing OUR Credit Union checking account or have closed an account within the previous 12 months.
- Opening deposit match (up to $300) will take place approximately 60 days from opening date.
- Open an account online today using promo code: MATCH OR mention facebook ad at an OUR Credit Union location for matching deposit.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Offer expires July 31, 2019.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The basic checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee on the checking account. But if you close the prime share savings (usually required to become a member) then there is a $5 fee according if you do so within six month to the fee schedule.
Unfortunately not really worth considering due to the hard pull they do. Because of that we won’t be adding it to the best checking account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times