Published on July 14th, 2018 | by William Charles9
[MI only] OUR Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live or work in Michigan. I think this needs to be opened in branch [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: July 31st, 2018
- OUR Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Bonus is a match up to $200 (e.g you need to deposit $200 to get the full bonus)
- Set up direct deposit (no minimum specified)
- Set up eStatements
The Fine Print
- New members only. Matching deposit up to $200 for new Premium or Basic Checking account.
- Account must remain open for 60 days. Account requirements: Debit Card (at least one transaction per month over those 60 days),
- Direct Deposit and eStatements.
- Must mention ad for matching deposit.
- New Oakey Dokey or Youth Accounts receive match up to $50.
- Account must remain open for 60 days with at least one new deposit per month. Other restrictions may apply.
- Offer expires July 31, 2018.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The basic checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee on the checking account. But if you close the prime share savings (usually required to become a member) then there is a $5 fee according if you do so within six month to the fee schedule.
Unfortunately not really worth considering due to the hard pull they do. Because of that we won’t be adding it to the best checking account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times