This bonus has expired early is no longer available. View the best checking bonuses by clicking here.
Looks like the bonus isn’t showing anymore, if anybody gets it to show please let us know what link you’re using.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: MN, MI, IL, WI, CO & SD
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000 Visa & Mastercard only
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: October 15th, 2017
- Open a new TCF free checking account online and receive a bonus of $100 when you do either of the following within 60 days of account opening:
- Receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Make at least $250 in debit card purchases within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Open a new TCF Free Checking account online by October 15, 2017.
- This offer is not available in branches.
- The Free Checking account requires a minimum opening deposit of $25. 2) Then, within 60 days of your account opening date, receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more OR make at least $250 in debit card purchases that have posted to your account. 3) Upon verification, we’ll deposit $100 into your new checking account the business day following the criteria verification.
- Your account must be open to receive the credit.
- One offer per household.
- This offer does not apply if you have an existing TCF consumer checking account or closed an account within the last 90 days.
- You are responsible for all applicable taxes.
- This offer is subject to change prior to the opening of an account.
- TCF Employees are not eligible for this offer
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about. There is a $2 fee if you receive paper statements. According to this fee schedule there is no early account termination fee.
You used to be able to open this account for $250 even if you weren’t targeted, but that was shut down. This is the same offer but only for $100. Still not a bad bonus considering it’s $100, doesn’t require a direct deposit and you can fund with a credit card. I doubt we will see a $250 public bonuses and I think the chances of being targeted would be quite low. Because of all that I will be adding it to the best checking bonus list.
Big thanks to reader, Toomtoo who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications