Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: MN only
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5.95, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: June 29th, 2019
- Sharepoint Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new Premier Rate checking account. Account also earns 5% APY on balances up to $5,000 for the first two years. There are no requirements for the bonus or 5% APY rate
The Fine Print
- Funds will be deposited into qualified member’s Checking or Savings account at account opening.
- SharePoint reserves the right to reclaim funds if the account is closed within six months.
- All accounts subject to approval.
- Member is responsible for any related taxes or restrictions according to MN laws. Cannot be combined with other offers.
- Promotion is limited to (1) $100 incentive per member, with no prior checking relationship in the last six months. Restrictions apply. Offer ends 6/29/2019.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Account comes with a $5.95 monthly fee, this is waived if you have 10 or more point of sale transactions
Early Account Termination Fee
Bonus is forfeit if the account is closed within six months
Update: Hard pull to open so not worth it for most people.
Seems like a good bonus if it’s a soft pull to open. It’s also nice to have an account that earns 5% APY, although you will need to complete 10 point of sale transactions to keep it fee free so not technically no requirements. Although meeting debit card requirements is relatively easy (ideas on how to do that here).
Hat tip to readers Jason H and John
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times