Published on May 25th, 2019 | by William Charles3
[NY, NJ only] Palisades Credit Union $300 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability:Rockland County, NY or Bergen County, NJ
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Palisades Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $300.
- To receive a $100 bonus
- Must maintain an average daily balance of $100 for 90 days
- Must have Direct Deposit of $500 with the 90 days
- To receive a $300 bonus
- Must maintain an average daily balance of $15,000 for 90 days
- To receive a $100 bonus
The Fine Print
- Offer is not available to existing Palisades checking members, or those whose checking accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- To receive the $100 bonus: Open a Palisades checking account (which is subject to eligibility) and deposit $100 or more at account opening. Your $100 balance must be maintained for 90 days and you must also receive a direct deposit of at least $500 into your checking account within 90 days of account opening.
- To receive the $300 bonus: Open a Palisades checking account (which is subject to eligibility) and deposit $15,000 or more of new money at account opening. Your $15,000 balance must be maintained for 90 days.
- After you have completed the above bonus requirements, we will deposit the bonus into your new account within 30 business days.
- If the new checking account is closed by either the member or Palisades within six months after opening, we will deduct the bonus amount for that account at closing.
- You can only receive one new checking account opening related bonus per year and only one bonus per account.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Offer not available on trust, estate, custodial, or non-individual accounts.
- Offer is subject to cancellation without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed within six months the bonus is forfeit
We need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open. If anybody goes for it, please share your experiences in the comments.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times