Published on September 5th, 2019 | by William Charles115
[Expired] [NY only] Republic Bank $175 Bonus – No Requirements For Bonus (TD Bank Debit Card Or Dog Required Though)
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here
Update 9/4/19: Bonus is actually $100. I believe $75 is the standard opening bonus that everybody is eligible and then you get an additional $100 through this bonus. Hat tip to reader Natalie K
Update 8/26/19: According to reader @JordanMuchnik the promotion is back.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Offer only valid for accounts opened in the state of New York.
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
No direct link, being advertised in branch
- Republic Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account. To be eligible you either need to bring in a TD bank debit card or your dog (lol?). To be eligible for the bonus you need to meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum opening deposit of $250
The Fine Print
- Bonus will be directly deposited into your account within 30 days of account opening
- Limit 1 per customer
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule, so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Requirements for opening are weird, but there are no requirements for the bonus so that’s a nice plus. Because it’s a soft pull we will be adding this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Firefly and Natalie K
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times