Published on June 20th, 2016 | by William Charles30
[Expired][OH, MI, IN] First Federal Bank $150 Checking Bonus – No Direct Deposit Required
This offer has expired, you can view more offers by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: OH, MI, IN
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions & 3 bill pays
- Hard/soft pull: Soft (at least on EQ & TU)
- Credit card funding: Up to $500, only Visa & Mastercard accepted.
- Monthly fees: $5.95, waivable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 180 days
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2016
- Open any new checking account (excluding access banking) with First Federal Bank and receive a sign up bonus of up to $150, bonus is broken down as follows:
- $75 for completion of ten debit cad transactions within 60 days
- $75 for completion of three online bill pay transactions within 60 days
The Fine Print
- Minimum $50 initial deposit to open.
- Offer valid through 12/31/16 with the opening of any new checking account, excluding Access Banking.
- Receive $75 for the completion of ten (10) debit card point-of-sale transactions within 60 days of account opening and receive $75 for the completion of three (3) OnLine Bill Pay transactions within 60 days of account opening.
- Incentives will be deposited into your new checking account within 30 days after the completion of corresponding requirement.
- Offer not available to existing First Federal Bank checking account customers, those with a First Federal Bank checking account closed within the past twelve (12) months, and employees of First Defiance Financial Corp. and their immediate family members living in the same household.
- May not be combined with any other offer, and only one offer valid per person per calendar year.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The best account to open is the simple checking as it has no monthly fee as long as you’ve completed a bill pay in the last 90 days otherwise a $5.95 fee is charged. There is also a $3 paper statement fee, so make sure you opt out of those.
The early account termination fee is $3 if closed within 180 days according to this fee schedule.
Great bonus if we can confirm a soft pull, easy to meet requirements with no direct deposit and no monthly fees. If anybody has any experience with this bonus and if it’s a hard/soft pull and if you can fund with a credit card then please let me know in the comments below. We’ll likely add it to our page of the best bonuses if we can confirm it’s a soft pull.
Big thanks to reader, David who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank