Published on October 27th, 2018 | by William Charles31
[Expired] [OH only] Westfield Bank $100 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Update 10/27/18: Bonus is back and valid until November 16th, 2018.
Warning: They offered a bonus last year and it was mostly a disaster due to out of state applications being allowed and then automatically declined. I’d recommend reading through that thread to know what you’re getting yourself into.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Ohio residents only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, or recurring ACH debit/credit
- Additional requirements: Open with at least $250
- Hard/soft pull: Soft according to CSR
- ChexSystems: Yes, report of being sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $500. Can fund with American Express, Discover, Mastercard & Visa.
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
September 8th, 2018November 16th, 2018
- Westfield Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new Dream Big, Reserve, Simply, Reserve or 50+ Checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open with at least $250 in new money
- A direct deposit or recurring ACH debit/credit must be established
The Fine Print
- To obtain the $100 (bonus), a new Dream Big, Reserve, Simply, or 50+ Checking account must be opened with an initial deposit of at least $250 on or before September 8, 2018.
- The new account must be opened with money not currently on deposit at Westfield Bank, FSB, and a direct deposit or recurring ACH debit/credit must be established.
- We will pay the bonus by crediting $100 to your new Westfield Bank checking account as interest within 10 days of account opening and after the required minimum opening deposit is made.
- There is a limit of one bonus per household (same address).
- The bonus will be reported to the IRS as interest income.
- Your account must remain open for 180 calendar days, or the amount of the bonus will be deducted from the account at closing.
- Offer available to Ohio residents only.
- Individual account terms and conditions apply.
- This offer is not available to individuals who have received a bonus from Westfield Bank in the last 12 months.
- Variable rates may change at any time without notice. Fees could reduce earnings on this account.
- This invitation is subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Dream Big checking account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for 180 days otherwise bonus will be forfeit.
Ok so last year the bonus was obviously handled poorly and ended up causing all sorts of issues. Now that the fine print says Ohio residents only, it should go smoother. The credit card funding is nice and the requirements for the bonus are easy to meet. Assuming everything goes smoothly this is a good bonus. That’s a big assumption to make, I’ll let readers decide if this deal is for them or not. Once we get some confirmations it’s working as advertised I’ll consider adding it to the best bank bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times