Published on February 12th, 2020 | by William Charles28
[OH, VA & PA only] Dollar Bank $400 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $400
- Availability: OH, VA & PA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $5,000+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Need to keep account open for one year to get full bonus
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: March 31st, 2020
- Dollar Bank is offering a bonus of $400 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Get $100 in Mastercard debit card rebates with a total of $1,000 in direct deposits within 90 days of account opening.
- Plus, get $200 with a total of $5,000 in direct deposits within 90 days of account opening.
- And, get $100 after your one-year anniversary of account opening.
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the offer, an Everything Checking account must be opened by 3/31/20.
- Offer is for new checking customers only.
- Those who had an open checking account within the past 180 days are not considered to be new customers and are not eligible for the offer.
- Up to $400 is available in one $100 Mastercard debit card rebate, one $200 credit, and one $100 credit. To receive the $100 Mastercard debit card rebate, the account must receive cumulative direct deposits of $1,000 or more within 90 days of account opening and the account must be in good standing.
- The $100 Mastercard debit card rebate will be added to the new checking account within 40 days of the qualifying cumulative direct deposits.
- To receive the $200 credit, the account must receive cumulative direct deposits of $5,000 or more within 90 days of account opening and the account must be in good standing.
- The $200 will be credited to the new checking account within 40 days of the qualifying cumulative direct deposits.
- The $100 credit will be applied within 2 months of the 1-year anniversary of account opening provided the account qualified for the $100 debit card rebate, is active, in good standing and is in a qualifying plan. Maximum amount is $400 per account and one per household.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Everything Checking Account $5 Monthly
The Everything checking account has a $5 monthly fee, it’s waived if either of the following conditions is met:
- Six transactions post to the account (ACH debits count, so you could pull money from this account to another bank)
- You have an average checking balance of $2,500 or more
Early Account Termination Fee
Need to keep account open for one year to get full bonus, but $25/180 EATF otherwise.
Bigger bonus we’ve seen before is $300. This is a slightly different offer, but still very much worth doing in my opinion. It’s annoying you need to keep the account open for a full year to get the full bonus. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Derek D
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times