Update 11/19/23: Extended until 12/31/23.
Update 11/13/23: Extended until 11/18/23.
Update 9/11/23: Extended until 10/31/23.
Update 6/5/23: Extended until 8/31/23.
Update 3/1/23: Extended until 4/30/23.
Update 1/25/23: Deal is back and valid until 2/28/23.
Update 9/11/22: Extended through 10/31/22.
Updated 7/4/22: Extended through 8/30/22.
Update 5/2/22: Extended through 6/30/22.
Update 3/27/22: Extended until April 30th, 2022.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: OH, VA & PA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $5,000+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Need to keep account open for one year to get full bonus
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
March 31st, 2020 July 31st, 2020 September 30, 2020 December 31, 2020 March 31, 2021April 30, 2021
- Dollar Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account with promo code CHK22 and complete the following requirements:
- Get $200 in Mastercard debit card rebates with a total of $2,500 in direct deposits within 90 days of account opening.
- And, get $100 after your one-year anniversary of account opening.
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the offer, an Everything Checking account must be opened by 3/31/20.
- Offer is for new checking customers only.
- Those who had an open checking account within the past 180 days are not considered to be new customers and are not eligible for the offer.
- Up to $400 is available in one $100 Mastercard debit card rebate, one $200 credit, and one $100 credit. To receive the $100 Mastercard debit card rebate, the account must receive cumulative direct deposits of $1,000 or more within 90 days of account opening and the account must be in good standing.
- The $100 Mastercard debit card rebate will be added to the new checking account within 40 days of the qualifying cumulative direct deposits.
- To receive the $200 credit, the account must receive cumulative direct deposits of $5,000 or more within 90 days of account opening and the account must be in good standing.
- The $200 will be credited to the new checking account within 40 days of the qualifying cumulative direct deposits.
- The $100 credit will be applied within 2 months of the 1-year anniversary of account opening provided the account qualified for the $100 debit card rebate, is active, in good standing and is in a qualifying plan. Maximum amount is $400 per account and one per household.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Everything Checking Account $5 Monthly
The Everything checking account has a $5 monthly fee, it’s waived if either of the following conditions is met:
- Six payments via check, Online Banking bill payments, Telephone Banking bill payments, ACH debit, or Point of Sale transactions (both signature or PIN based) posted to the account.
- You have an average checking balance of $2,500 or more
Early Account Termination Fee
Need to keep account open for one year to get full bonus, but $25/180 EATF otherwise.
Bigger bonus we’ve seen before is $400. This is a slightly different offer, but still very much worth doing in my opinion. It’s annoying you need to keep the account open for a full year to get the full bonus. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Derek D
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
- Update 8/9/21: Deal is back and valid until 9/30.
- Update 6/5/21: Deal is back and valid until 7/31/21.
- Update 4/24/21: $300 offers all dead, dollar.bank/ads/200-va.
- Update 4/13/21: Extended until April 30, 2021.
- Update 2/2/21: Deal is back and valid until March 31, 2021. Bonus is now only $300 instead of $400. Because of that I would recommend waiting. Hat tip to reader Gadget.
- Update 11/3/20: Extended until December 31, 2020
- Update 10/11/20: Deal available again until October 31. Hat tip to Xinqing W
- Update 8/25/20: Deal available again until August 31. Hat tip to Gadget
- Update 5/30/20: Extended until July 31st, 2020.
- Update 3/28/20: Deal has been extended until 5/30/20. Hat tip to reader Don B