Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: 15205 West Sunset Blvd., Pacific Palisades, CA
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $5-$10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: May 31st, 2017
No direct link to offer [Bonus is advertised in branch and no mailer is needed]
- Open a new Union Bank $200 checking bonus at their new Pacific Palisades branch and complete one of the following:
- Establish a single direct deposit of $250 or more per statement period
- Make three Union Bank online bill payments to three different payees each month
- Make five debit card purchases or payments each month
The Fine Print
- Offer only applies to personal accounts opened at the Pacific Palisades Branch.
- Offer valid only for new Union Bank customers. New customers limited to those who have not maintained an account relationship with Union Bank within the previous six months
- Bonus will be deposited on or before July 31st, 2017
- Limit one checking offer per household
- Cannot be combined with other offers
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They have two checking accounts you might want to consider:
- Banking By Design, monthly fee of $5, waived with either of the following:
- $250+ single direct deposit
- $250+ single mobile deposit
- Ready To Go Checking, monthly fee of $10, waived with any of the following:
- $500+ combined direct deposits
- $500+ combined mobile deposit
- Average balance of $1,500+
I wasn’t able to find any early account termination fee so I am unsure if they charge one or not.
Not a bad deal if you live within the area, doesn’t seem like the mailer is actually need and it’s a soft pull. We will add this to our list of highly location specific checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Shahriyar B who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications