Published on November 17th, 2017 | by William Charles3
Priority Pass Adds Restricted Access To Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Priority Pass has added a new traditional airport lounge at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Priority Pass members will be able to access the lounge starting on November 20th, 2017. The bad news is that you’ll only be able to access the lounge from 5AM until 12:30PM and the a la carte menu & cocktails aren’t offered until after this time. As OMaaT points out Virgin Atlantic runs two flights daily to London from LAX from 5PM until 9PM, this lets them bring in some additional revenue without having to deal with overcrowding for their guests. I assume that the lounge will close at 12:30PM and then reopen at 1PM (their regular opening time I believe), so Priority Pass guests would not be able to just stay in lounge.
Any new lounge addition is good news, but I hope this isn’t all they have planned for LAX. At the moment the lounge offerings are underwhelming and extremely spread out (Alaska Lounge in terminal 6 and Korean Air Lounge at Tom Bradley International Terminal). I’d love to see some restaurant options if they can’t get any traditional lounges on board. In any case, it’s nice to see Priority Pass paying some attention to LAX and recognizing it as a problem. Either way I’m really happy that Priority Pass is using their extended member base from premium credit cards to expand their offerings. Just recently they’ve made the following additions:
- Priority Pass Adds Kentucky Ale Taproom To Lexington Blue Grass Airport (LEX)
- Priority Pass Adds Two Restaurants At St Louis MO Lambert (STL) Airport
- New Priority Pass Lounge: Plaza Premium At YYZ Terminal 3 – A Gates – U.S. Departures
- Priority Pass Adds The Club At PIT To Pittsburgh International (PIT)
- Priority Pass Adds Timberline Steaks & Grille To Denver (DEN)
- Priority Pass Adds Capers Cafe Le Bar & Capers Market To PDX
- Priority Pass Adds House Spirits Distillery (PDX)
- Priority Pass Update: Restaurant Addition At Gatwick & Turkish Lounge At IAD
Also just a quick reminder that Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders can now get a digital card.
Hat tip to View From The Wing