Published on February 5th, 2020 | by William Charles41
[Expired] Simple Finance $150/$300 Savings Bonus – Available Nationwide
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150 or $300
- Availability: Nationwide
- Deposit required: $10,000/$20,000
- Deposit length: 2/15/2020 – 4/30/2020
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: 2/15/2020
- Simple Bank is offering a bonus of up to $300 when you open a new Simple account. The bonus you receive depends on your deposit:
- Receive a bonus of $150 when you deposit $10,000 by 2/15/2020 3:59 PM PT and maintain a balance of at least $10,000 until 4/30/2020 4:59 PM PT
- Receive a bonus of $300 when you deposit $20,000 by 2/15/2020 3:59 PM PT and maintain a balance of at least $20,000 until 4/30/2020 4:59 PM PT
The Fine Print
- Qualifying customers will receive the bonus credit to their Simple Account by 5/15/2020 4:59 PM PT.
- Accounts must be open and in good standing with a balance greater than or equal to $0.00 at the time of the bonus credit.
- Maximum of one (1) $300 bonus OR one (1) $150 bonus per customer.
- BBVA USA may report the value of the bonus to the IRS as required by law. Any client whose tax status would require BBVA USA to impose tax withholding of any sort will not be eligible for this bonus.
- Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
- The following customers and accounts are excluded from this promotion: Any person who has applied for or opened any Simple Account before 4:00pm PT on 1/31/20 is ineligible to participate in this promotion.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
These accounts have no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is no early account termination fee.
This account also earns 1.90% APY if you have a balance above $10,000. Previously they offered a bonus of $250/$500 with the same requirements, my recommendation would be to wait for that bonus to return. Because of that I won’t be adding this to our list of the best savings account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Josh C
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times