Published on August 23rd, 2019 | by William Charles36
[Expired] [Targeted] BBVA $50 Checking Bonus For Existing Customers
Deal has expired, view more BBVA deals by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $50
- Availability: Targeted towards existing customers
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: N/A
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: N/A
- Monthly fees: N/A
- Early account termination fee: N/A
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: October 15th, 2019
Direct link to offer (need to be targeted, you can check if you’re targeted by clicking See Available Offers in the right hand tab after logging into your BBVA checking account)
- BBVA is offering a bonus of $50 to existing targeted checking bonuses that receive a qualifying direct deposit of at least $500 by October 15th, 2019
The Fine Print
- This offer is not combinable with any other bonus offer.
- At least one electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government in the amount of at least $500 must post to the checking account by October 15, 2019.
- Qualifying electronic Direct Deposits do not include payments received into your account from payment apps such as PayPal, Venmo and other similar payment service providers.
- The $50 cash bonus will be deposited into the new checking account within 90 days of meeting the bonus requirements described above.
- Account must be open and in good standing with a balance of $0.00 or more at the time of bonus payment in order to receive the bonus.
- BBVA may report the value of the bonus to the IRS as required by law.
- Any client whose tax status would require BBVA to impose tax withholding of any sort will not be eligible for this bonus.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Fees will vary based on the existing account you have
Rare to see deals for existing customers normally, but BBVA seems to send these sorts of offers out semi frequently. Obviously won’t be adding this to our best checking bonus page as it’s only available to targeted existing customers.
Hat tip to readers Shyam & Jorge V
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times