Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 11/16/20: Extended to 12/15/20. Still targeted.
Update 10/18/20: Extended to 11/15/20. Still targeted.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Limited to: recipients of this mailing. Branches in CA, ID, OR & WA
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Use promo code and make three debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
- Banner Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code on your mailer
- Make three debit card transactions within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- $50 minimum opening balance.
- Limited to: recipients of this mailing, one personal account, and one $100 reward per household.
- Not to be combined with any other offer. Recipient must meet standard account opening requirements.
- Not available to current Banner Bank Checking clients
- . $100 reward will be paid if you use your Banner Bank debit card to make three purchases within 60 days after account opening—deposited to your checking account during the following 30 days.
- Your reward will be reported as income on IRS form 1099. Offer expires on 10/15/2020.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
According to this fee schedule there is no early account termination fee.
I assume the targeted nature of this promotion is actually enforced due to it requiring a promo code unfortunately, if it wasn’t then this might be a good deal. If anybody was targeted and finds out if it’s a hard or soft pull then let us know in the comments below.
Hat tip to reader Brian & Kona
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times