Published on May 6th, 2019 | by William Charles11
[Expired] [Targeted] Citibank 30,000 American Airline Miles Business Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: 30,000 American Airline miles
- Availability: In branch only [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit $5,000 and maintain for 60 days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $15, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2019
No direct link to offer, sent out in the mail
- Citi is offering a bonus of 30,000 American Airline miles when you open a new CitiBusiness checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Deposit $5,000 in new to citibank funds and maintain for 60 consecutive days
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The easiest account to keep fee free is the CitiBusiness®Streamlined Checking Account, this has a monthly fee of $15 and is waived have an average monthly balance of $5,000 or more.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee to worry about.
Rare to see a business checking bonus from Citi, they last offered one in late 2017. This offer is easy to meet the requirements for, basically just deposit $5,000 and maintain it for 60 days. That’s also enough to keep the account fee free as well. Should be possible to close the account as soon as the bonus posts, but double check the fine print on your offer. It’s a shame this is targeted as if it wasn’t I’d be adding this to the best business checking bonuses.
Hat tip to 521928
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times