Published on May 16th, 2019 | by William Charles11
[Expired] [Targeted] Citibank Up To $700 Business Checking Bonus [CA, CT, D.C., FL, IL, MD, NJ, NV, NY, VA]
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $700
- Availability: Must open in branch [Branch locator]. Looks to be limited to CA, CT, D.C., FL, IL, MD, NJ, NV, NY, VA
- Direct deposit required: Not required
- Additional requirements: Deposit up to $50,000
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $30, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2019
- Household limit: Not mentioned
Targeted offer sent out via snail mail
- Citibank is offering a bonus of up to $700 when you open a new Citibank business checking account. The amount you receive depends on how much you deposit within 30 calendar days of account opening, balance must also be maintained for 60 days:
- Deposit $5,000 and earn $200
- Deposit $15,000 and earn $500
- Deposit $25,000 and earn $700
- You can also get another $300 by signing up for cash management services by June 30th, 2019:
- Earn $100 for payroll manager
- Earn $100 for Citi merchant services
- Earn $100 for Remote check deposit
The Fine Print
- The cash bonus will be credited to your Citibank Business Checking Account within 90 days from the end of the month in which you complete all offer requirements.
The easiest account to keep fee free is the CitiBusiness®Streamlined Checking Account, this has a monthly fee of $15 and is waived have an average monthly balance of $5,000 or more.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee to worry about.
We saw a similar offer but for American Airline miles recently, but this cash offer is much better. Fingers crossed this means we will see a publicly accessible Citi business checking bonus soon. I do think this bonus is worth doing, but I wouldn’t bother trying to do the extra cash management bonuses.
Hat tip to Nanette Y
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times