Published on June 27th, 2018 | by Chuck20
[Expired] [Targeted] Commerce Bank $300 Checking Bonus [MO, KS, IL, OK & CO]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Oklahoma and Colorado
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: Direct deposit or 10 debit purchases
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $20, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: July 14th, 2018
- Open a new CommerceRelationship checking account and receive a bonus of $300 when you either make 10 debit card purchases or have two direct deposits of $300+ post to your account.
Requires unique targeted promo code to get this offer.
The Fine Print
- To receive the $300 incentive, you must have at least two direct deposits of any combination of a paycheck, pension payment, Social Security payment, or other government benefits payment of $300 or more each electronically deposited into the checking account from an employer or outside agency within 90 days of opening. Making 10 purchases with your debit card within the first 90 days of the account opening will also earn the incentive.
- We reserve the right to request documentation that the direct deposits qualify.
- Your CommerceRelationship Checking account must be opened by July 14, 2018, and must be in good standing 90 days after opening.
- Any incentive earned will be paid in the month following the month in which the 90-day requirement is met. For example, if your account is opened on June 15, 2018, your 90-day requirement is met on September 13, and your incentive will be paid in October. All incentives earned will be credited to your CommerceRelationship Checking account.
- The incentive will be reported as interest to the IRS.
- Minimum balance requirement of $100 in CommerceRelationship Checking 90 days after account opening to receive the $300 bonus.
- Incentive limited to new customers who haven’t owned an account in the past 90 days.
- You must have your promo code at the time of account opening to qualify for the incentive. Offer only valid for recipients of mailed offer, not transferrable, one offer per household.
CommerceRelationship Checking $20 Fee
The monthly fee on this account is waived if you have:
- $5,000 average daily balance in this account OR
- $15,000 in combined deposit balances
Early Termination Fee
This is a fantastic offer, though targeted to those who received a promo code via mail. I wonder if you’ll be able to get this offer by going in a branch and requesting it, let us know if you try.
Be sure to leave $100 in the account at the 90 day mark to be eligible for the bonus. Assuming you leave $5k there to keep the account fee-free, that will be happening anyway.
It’s also possible to get up to $100 bonus by opening two savings accounts with Commerce Bank – you deposit $50 each month into two separate accounts for 11 months ($1,100 total cash outlay), and get two $50 bonuses the 12th month. More details can be found here.
Thanks to readers Wes, Wes, and MFT for letting us know about this bonus. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications