Published on April 26th, 2018 | by William Charles19
[Expired] [Targeted & CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV] M&T Bank $250 Checking Bonus (TJ)
This deal has now expired, click here for the best current bank account bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500
- Additional requirements: Use promo code TJ
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees:
- Early account termination fee: $50 180-days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: June 8th, 2018
Direct link to offer (requires promo code TJ)
- M&T Bank is offering a bonus of up to $250 when you open a new checking account and receive qualifying direct deposits of at least $500. The bonus you receive depends on the account you open:
- $100 bonus for opening EZchoice
- $250 bonus for opening MyChoice Plus
The Fine Print
- We will credit one cash bonus to the account if the account receives a total of at least $500 in qualifying direct deposits within 90 days of account opening.
- Qualifying direct deposits include, but are not limited to, recurring electronic deposits such as payroll, pension or Social Security. Person-to-person, bank transfers or other electronic money transfers such as those made through internet payment services do not qualify.
- Bonus will be credited to the account within 90 days of direct deposit activation as long as the account is in good standing and all of the eligibility requirements are satisfied at the time we seek to credit the bonus.
- Bonus is reportable for tax purposes.
- No more than one bonus will be awarded regardless of the number of accounts, titling on account, or the number of direct deposit arrangements established.
- Bonus offer may vary by product and region. Cash bonus offers are not available to employees of M&T Bank or any of its affiliates or to customers who have already received a bonus in connection with an M&T personal checking account within the preceding twelve-month period.
- A $50 early close-out fee applies if the account is closed within 180 days of the date the account was opened.
- This offer is valid on new checking accounts opened by 03/30/2018.
- Cash bonuses are not available to those who have received another M&T bank bonus in the last 12 months
- This offer is nontransferable.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
EZChoice Checking ($100 Bonus)
This account has a monthly fee of $9.95, soon changing to $6.95.
- Monthly fee is waived by making just ONE transaction such as a deposit, withdrawal, or debit purchase.
MyChoice Plus Checking ($250 Bonus)
This account has a $14.95. This fee is waived if you do either of the following:
- Maintaining an average daily balance of $2,500 or more in the account per monthly service charge cycle, or
- Having direct deposits to your MyChoice Plus Checking account totaling at least $1,500 per monthly service charge cycle
Early Account Termination Fee
Looks to be $50 now if closed within 180 days
The glory days of churning these bonuses is sadly behind us. But you can still do one every 12 months. Sadly this offer is also targeted. Now that the bonuses are restricted it might make sense to wait for a $250 offer to come along, rather than just accepting a $150 offer. Especially as it’s not too difficult to avoid the monthly fee. Because this offer is targeted we won’t be adding it to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Big thanks to readers, Gerard S & Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times