Published on December 7th, 2018 | by William Charles65
[Targeted FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, TN, WV] Fifth Third $1,500 Business Checking Bonus
Another round of people have been targeted. This time it’s available until 1/26/19. All I want for Christmas is this mailer… Hat tip to reader Steve
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $1,500
- Availability: Targeted FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, TN, WV
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit $2,000 and maintain for 30 days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $11
- Early account termination fee: None but $50 closing fee
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
November 10th, 2018January 26th, 2019
No direct link, targeted offer sent out via snail mail
- Open a new business checking (business standard, premium or elite) and receive a bonus of $1,500 when you complete the following requirements:
- Add $2,000 or more in funds within 10 calendar days of account opening
- Maintain a $2,000 balance for 60 days
The Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing Fifth Third business checking or to those with an account that has been closed within the last 12 months.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The easiest way to keep the account fee free is to open a Fifth Third Business Standard Checking Account, this account has a monthly fee of $11 that is waived if you have a balance of $5,000 or more (and this required for the bonus anyway).
Early Account Termination Fee
As far as we know there is no longer any early account termination fee either, but regardless of when you do close your account you’re required to pay a $50 fee.
This deal is basically just a free $1,500. Incredible offer, shame it’s targeted. If you get targeted then I think doing this is an incredibly easy decision, even if you pay some monthly fees you’re still going to end up so far ahead it’s not even funny.
Big thanks to reader, Steve who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times