Published on August 18th, 2018 | by William Charles21
[Expired] [Targeted MN, MI, IL, WI, CO & SD] TCF Bank $300 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Optional
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: MN, MI, IL, WI, CO & SD. In branch or via phone [branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000 Visa & Mastercard only (not allowed in branch but can be done via phone. They might just allow $100 via phone but when they send you the details via e-mail you should be able to fund $1,000)
- Monthly fees: $15, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: October 8th, 2018
No direct link, requires a targeted mailer
- TCF Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you complete the following requirements:
- Bring mailer in
- Open a TCF Premier Checking account
- Do one of the following within 60 days of account opening :
- Receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Enroll in TCF digital banking and make $250 in online bill payments within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- MN, MI, IL, WI, CO & SD only.
- Bonus will post to your account the business day following the criteria verification
- One offer per household
- Not eligible to current TCF customers or those who have closed an account in the last 12 months.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $15 monthly fee, this is waived if you have a balance of $2,500+. There is a $2 fee if you receive paper statements. According to this fee schedule there is no early account termination fee.
Sadly last time they offered a similar bonus they actually required you to bring in the mailer. Previous times it has been possible to just call in and request it but unfortunately it seems like those days are now over. Previous deals only required the free checking account, this requires the premier checking account. Big thanks to all the readers who sent this in.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times