Published on October 12th, 2018 | by William Charles5
[Targeted] U.S. Bank $250 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Targeted via snail mail
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,000+ within 60 days
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed data points
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $6.95-$12.95, waivable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: November 30th, 2018
Direct link to offer, requires a unique promotion code. This was sent out via snail mail
- Receive a bonus of $250 when you open a new U.S. Bank Platinum Checking Package or Easy Checking account when you complete the following requirements:
- Complete recurring direct deposits that total $1,000 or more within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- This offer is only valid for the addressee and is not transferable.
- Address on new account must match address on mail received to be eligible for the bonus.
- Promotion code and listed mailing address may only be used once.
- Bonus will not be paid if promotion code is retrieved by unintended recipient or if promotion code is retrieved from a deals website.
- You must use the promotion code listed on this offer when you apply.
- A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a U.S. Bank consumer checking account.
- To earn the bonus offer, you must open a new U.S. Bank consumer Platinum Checking Package or Easy Checking account by the date specified on the letter or email you received.
- Additionally, you must complete recurring direct deposits that total $1,000 or more within 60 days of account opening.
- The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification, as long as your account is open and has a positive balance.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS Form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account have an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past 12 months.
- Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible. Other restrictions may apply.
- All regular account-opening procedures apply.
- Limit of one bonus per household.
- For a comprehensive list of account pricing, terms and policies, see the Your Deposit Account Agreement and the Consumer Pricing Information brochures.
- These documents can be obtained by contacting a U.S. Bank branch or calling 800.872.2657.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Your best bet is to open the Easy checking account which has of $8.95 ($6.95 if you enroll in paperless statements). Fee is waived if you have combined direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more, OR maintain an average monthly balance of $1,500.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee
Standard bonus is usually $200, so this is an extra $50. The requirements are mostly the same except only easy or platinum checking accounts are eligible, usually the gold account is eligible and this has the monthly fee waived if you have a U.S. Bank credit card. This makes it a bit more difficult to keep the account fee free, but shouldn’t be a big issue for most people. We won’t be adding this to our best checking bonuses because it’s targeted. Definitely worth doing if you are targeted.
Big thanks to reader, David B & Kimillionaire who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times