First Horizon is the new name for Capital Bank & First Tennessee.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $400
- Availability: Offer is only available to residents of TN, AR, MS, AL, GA, KY, FL, NC and parts of VA (Bristol, Gate City, Weber City)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum mentioned
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $50 (initial deposit needs to be $200+ so probably not a good idea to use this)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: September 30, 2020
- First Horizon Bank is offering a bonus of $400 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Have an opening deposit of at least $200
- Have a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer expires 09/30/2020.
- Opening deposit must be funds from a financial institution other than First Horizon Bank or its affiliates.
- A qualifying direct deposit is a paycheck, pension, Social Security, or other regular income electronically deposited by an employer or outside agency.
- Offer is only available to residents of TN, AR, MS, AL, GA, KY, FL, NC and parts of VA (Bristol, Gate City, Weber City).
- To receive bonus, you must open your account at a branch and present a copy of this offer certificate, or open your account online by clicking the link on the preceding page.
- To receive your bonus, you must have an opening deposit of at least $200, and at least one direct deposit must post to your account within 60 days of account opening.
- Opening deposit cannot be transferred from existing First Horizon Bank accounts.
- If you meet the stated requirements of this promotional offer, the bonus will be credited to your account within 6 weeks of the first direct deposit and will be reported as income on Form 1099-INT.
- Limit one bonus per household.
- Cannot be combined with other checking offers.
- This offer is for new checking households only.
- Households who have a current consumer checking account or who have closed a consumer checking account in the previous 12 months at First Horizon Bank are not eligible.
- Customer agrees to maintain account in good standing for a minimum of six months.
- Associates are not eligible for this offer. Account openings are subject to bank approval and may be declined based on certain factors.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
FirstView checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for six months otherwise the bonus will be forfeit
Previously when this was First Tennessee/Capital Bank the best offer was for $300 + $100 on savings. This is a better offer as it’s easier to keep the account fee free and qualify for the bonus. I can see this being pulled early so if you’re interested I’d recommend signing up now. I’ll add this to our best bank bonus page. Make sure to open the FirstView checking account to avoid the monthly fee.
Hat tip to reader Kyle
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times