Published on April 1st, 2018 | by William Charles13
[TN, TX & VA, In Branch Only] Eastman Credit Union $250 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Account must be opened in branch. They have branches in TN, TX & VA [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- Eastman Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $250 when you open a new Beyond Free Checking account. You receive $25 for each automatic payment or direct deposit you switch to your new account, up to a limit of $250.
The Fine Print
- Looks like account must be opened in branch to start with
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about. I wasn’t able to find any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
How could this deal is will depend on how many automatic payments/direct deposits you have set up. I assume you could have 10 bill pays set up and that would qualify you for the $250 bonus, most people should be able to get that going with a bit of preparation. I do think it’s worth doing if you live in the target area, so because of that I’ll be adding it to the best checking bonuses. Please share your experiences and data points in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times