Published on September 17th, 2015 | by Chuck21
Up to 100,000 Avios Signup Bonus on Chase British Airways Credit Card
Signup for the British Airways Visa signature card from Chase and receive up to 100,000 bonus Avios. Here’s the details of the bonus:
- 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $2,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn an additional 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend $10,000 on purchases within your first year
- Or earn 50,000 bonus Avios when you spend a total of $20,000 on purchases within your first year
If you do $2,000 in spend, you end up with 50k Avios, $10,000 in spend you end up with 75k Avios, $20,000 in spend will land you 100k Avios.
The Fine Print
- $95 annual fee, not waived for the first year.
- You can only get the bonus if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
- Card earn 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fee
The regular offer on the Chase site is 50k Avios for $2,000 in spend, annual fee waived for the first year. Essentially, you are paying a $95 fee and doing $18,000 in spend to get an extra 50k Avios. That’s not to say this isn’t a good deal, but it’s worth bearing in mind.
Things to keep in mind when applying for a Chase credit card:
- Chase will match you for the higher signup bonus if you recently applied at a lower bonus
- If you apply for multiple Chase cards in one day, the hard inquiries will be combined
- Chase will expedite your cards with 1-2 day shipping, just ask them
- Chase reconsideratin numbers
- 21 Things Everybody Should Know About Chase