Published on November 4th, 2019 | by Chuck119
[Expired] Amex Offer: Verizon Wireless, Spend $500 & Get $100 or 10,000 Points (Works for Anyone: Giftcard, Phone, Airpods, etc)
Update 11/4/19: Data points (1, 2) confirm that prepaying out your Verizon bill is working to trigger the offer credit. Works for paying off a device as well (1). We have a data point for gift cards in-store working (1).
Targeted offer, check your Amex Offers to see if you were targeted
- Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single Verizon Wireless purchase of $500 or more at a Verizon company store or online at verizonwireless.com/stores by 12/31/2019. See terms for exclusions.
- Others got the same offer, but for 10,000 points instead.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for a single qualifying Verizon Wireless transaction made in-store at a Verizon company store or online at verizonwireless.com.
- Purchases made at Verizon-authorized retailers or franchise locations are excluded. Please see merchant website for store information.
- Qualifying charges must post to your account before the campaign end date in order to be considered eligible.
- Excludes Enterprise & Government Services, and Residential Home Service (Verizon Fios) transactions, including internet, television, and landline phones.
Offer seems highly targeted, no luck for me. Sounds like it’ll work for your Verizon Wireless bill – Verizon allows overpayment of up to $500. If you aren’t a VZW user, you can still buy a phone, Airpods, etc, in-store or online to trigger the offer (confirmed data point of this working on Airpods). You can also go through a shopping portal when buying accessories for some nice additional cashback.
Another idea mentioned is to buy VZW gift cards; we still need confirmation that this works. If it does, it’s extremely useful as you can then give/sell it to a friend/family to use on their VZW bill. Also, according to the Verizon site, these gift cards work on Fios too, so buying gift cards would be a way of expanding the offer to Fios users.
Hat tip to SD
- AmEx Offers: An Introduction & Profitable Examples
- How To Sign Up For Multiple American Express Sync Offers
- Amex Offer Credit Not Posting, What to Do?
- How Does American Express Decide Who Receives What AmEx Sync Offer?
- Do I Need To Make A Single Purchase For AmEx Offers, Or Is It Cumulative?
- What Happens When You Have Two Active AmEx Offers For The Same Store?
- Amex Offers: Do Electronic Wallets Trigger the Offer Credit?
- Do Amex Offer Deals Work on the Purchase of Gift Cards?