Published on December 27th, 2016 | by William Charles15
[WA only] BECU 4.07% APY Savings & Checking Account On Balances Up To $1,000
Offer at a glance
- Availability: Must be eligible to join CU (live, work or worshipping in Washington State qualifies you – more options here)
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None listed
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- BECU offer a member advantage checking account and a member advantage savings account that both offer a 4.07% APY on balances up to $500. You’re limited to one member advantage checking & one member advantage savings account per person. To stay enrolled in these accounts you need to do the following:
- Opt in for eStatements
- Make a monetary transaction each month using at least one of the following free and
- Debit MasterCard make purchases online, over the phone or in person,
- Online or Telephone Banking – make BECU loan or Visa payments or transfer funds between BECU accounts,
- Bill Payment – pay businesses or individuals, or
- Direct Deposit – setup a recurring monthly deposit into your BECU Checking account from your paycheck or other monthly income
The Fine Print
- Balances above $500 earn 0.05% APY
These accounts have no monthly fees, as far as I know there is no early account termination fee either.
You can also currently get $100 for opening a new account. The limit of $500 per account is annoying, but the good thing is that the requirements to get the bonus rate aren’t very strict at all. The reviews of this bank from readers are also very positive. If I lived within the service area I’d definitely be signing up for this. You can view a list of the best high interest savings accounts here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank