Published on December 22nd, 2019 | by William Charles43
[WA, CA, OR, ID, HI] HomeStreet Bank $300 Checking Bonus – Available Online
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: WA, CA, OR, ID, HI
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $2,500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes, sensitive
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Account must be open when bonus posts
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: November 15th, 2019
- HomeStreet Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new premium select checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive qualifying direct deposits that total $3,000 or more within the first 90 calendar days
The Fine Print
- Open a new Premium Select Checking account in branch or online between October 1, 2019 and November 15, 2019.
- Receive qualifying direct deposits that total $3,000.00 or more within the first 90 calendar days of account opening. Qualifying direct deposits are electronic deposits of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. Federal income and state income tax refunds do not qualify. Person-to-person, bank transfers or other electronic money transfers such as those made through internet payment services (for example, Zelle, Venmo, Amazon Payment, PayPal, etc.) do not qualify. Deposits made via a branch, ATM, online transfer or through mobile banking do not qualify.
- Account must remain open for at least 180 calendar days.
- If you have met all the bonus requirements, the bonus will be deposited directly into your new personal checking account within 240 calendar days of account opening. Your new account must remain open until the bonus is processed to receive the bonus. The bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- This offer is only available to new HomeStreet Bank consumer checking account customers.
- This offer is not available to existing HomeStreet Bank consumer checking customers (either as the primary or secondary account holder) or individuals who have had a HomeStreet Bank consumer checking account in the last 12 months.
- Bank employees and members of their household are not eligible for this promotion.
- Limit of one new consumer checking account bonus per individual and per mailing address.
- If the customer or other individuals, residing at the same address, received or may receive any other consumer checking bonus from HomeStreet Bank within the last 12 months prior to this account opening; then, no one at the address is eligible.
- Offer is subject to change without notice, can be withdrawn at any time, and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- The new account is available only to individuals and is not available to businesses, non-profits, or for use as a personal retirement account.HomeStreet Bank reserves the right to deduct the bonus from the account at closing, if the account is closed by the customer or bank within 365 calendar days after account opening.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Premium Select Checking comes with a $10 monthly fee; maintain a $2,500 balance to avoid monthly fee.
Early Account Termination Fee
Bonus will be posted within 240 days of account opening, account must be open when the bonus posts.
Normally this bonus can’t be opened online, but looks like this one can. Most readers won’t be approved due to how ChexSystems sensitive they are unfortunately. Worth doing if you only have a few recent accounts opened, otherwise you’ll almost certainly be denied. I’ll add this to the list of the best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to reader John C
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times